Oil Filter Change Procdure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mraw

Hi, I am going to change my oil filter in my 98 gsxl. I just want to make sure that I am bleeding the lines correctly. Would these be the correct steps?
1. Clamp off oil line close to filter on both ends
2. Replace filter, relase line going to oil tank and let drain until oil flows freely, reconnect to pump
3. Would I Open the bleed screw or let the ski idle while holding the oil pump wide open?
Also should I run my first tank after changing filter pre mix? The reason for changing the filter is the previous owner ran what looks to be tcw3. I used a transfer pump to pump it all out of the tank and then filled it up with around a quarter of seadoo oil and then pumped that out. I ran it around 4.5 hours since then but recently learned that mixing the two oils could cause them to gel. While riding there always seemed to be a normal amount of smoke but I'd rather play it safe.

Last edited:
Yes, you should open the bleed screw when replacing the filter until fresh oil comes out and no air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back