Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ColbyP

Just took out my 2001 sea doo rx today for a ride after installing a new wear ring and changing the jet pump oil and o rings I had also changed out the stock fuel filter to a quantum fuel systems performance filter and I noticed today on the water I was hitting about 60-61 which was much better than the previous 56-57 mph but I couldn’t break 6600-6700 rpms is this normal ? I read somewhere that the 951 carbed engines should be running 7100-7200 rpms

If you have a carbed ski do not run any aftermarket fuel filters. Get that stock one back on and change the filter element and square o-ring.

They can restrict the flow and cause the engine to run lean. These are vacuum operated carbs so they have very little suction to pull fuel through an aftermarket filter from the tank.

I use GPS to get my speed numbers. Speed and RPM can vary depending on the water temp, outside air temp and density, fuel level in the tank, wear ring, etc... Speedometers are not often accurate but they are a good measure of performance. If have 2 carb GTXs. Both are running 51-52mph which is an all time high speed for both... tach readings are 6700rpm at most. Outside air temperature is pretty hot so the carbs may be a little rich. I've only seen one GTX RFI run 6930rpm.

My RX hit 59mph but the engine is new and just breaking in. I only track stuff like this because I like to get book performance if possible and any deviation from the norm tells me I have a problem that needs looking into. Also I am told a light chop on the water is best for top speed. Who knows?? Have fun !!

RX Compete Driveway (1).JPEG

Last edited:
Back