Sea doo rx compression

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ColbyP

Hey everyone is 120 psi in each cylinder normal for this ski ? It’s a 2001 sea doo rx it seems to run just fine in the water hitting 59-60mph and rpms are at 7100 could my compression tester be bad ? Thanks for any advice !

I've read that under 120 and you are looking at an upcoming rebuild, 120-130 OK and 135 newly built. There is also chance your tester is showing on low side and should be verified, but aslong as it runs good I dunno?

I've read that under 120 and you are looking at an upcoming rebuild, 120-130 OK and 135 newly built. There is also chance your tester is showing on low side and should be verified, but aslong as it runs good I dunno?
I just found out my compression tester was 20 psi off so I’m running about 135-140 but thanks for the help 👍

I called SES about 120psi compression on a Carb 951 and Tom said that's about the half life. I ended up doing a top end. Easy enough. :) I like to abate the impending disaster when possible. LOL Doing a top end is prevention to me.

Yes, 120 on a carbed 951 is still fine. 130 is perfect. I would say at 110 they are about done and can fail catastrophically.

Back