wow, did previous owner reverse the water hoses?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

amp3d

Hey guys,

Back again with another question...this time it's super important.

When I was working on the XP, I noticed something didnt seem right with the water hoses. Previous owner just had a rebuild done, but when looking at it closer and comparing with the parts diagrams, it looks like the previous tech got the water lines mixed up on the motor. In my seadoo, the hoses are configured so that the water from the pump is sent to the inlet nearest the water sensor. When I look at the service manual, it appears suggests that should be an outlet not an inlet. Correct?

Can anyone confirm or am I just super confused? See attached photo...

Engine seems to run without issue, but I certainly want to make sure I get this right. ..20160723_150942.jpg

Edit: If using the factory service manual for orientation, my photo is taken from the opposide side.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, I looked for it near the inlet and outlets but didnt see it, but I'll take another peek. Thanks

I definately don't see any direction arrows on the head. It's been painted over it looks like but I don't see any indication?

Different model but same engine.......yours in is not correct. Also the hoses are covering up the arrows ;)

Attachments

• 787_cooling.JPG
    787_cooling.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 13
Different model but same engine.......yours in is not correct. Also the hoses are covering up the arrows ;)
Great photo thanks! I actually just found that in the service manual about an hour before you posted this, but I'm sure this will help others that come across this thread. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back