New 3D owner - 3 pee holes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

misnmt

Hi All,

Last weekend I purchased a 2005 3D with a known problem. The previous owner said that for the first 2-3 minutes or so, it would not have much hole power and would only get up to about 35mph max. After 2-3 minutes or so, the engine would bog down and would idle rough. I can confirm this is the case.

I replaced the old battery and bad rectifier and the symptom remains. I’ve ordered O-rings for the RAVE and will clean the RAVE this week.

I noticed some smoke in the hull, so I’ll be taking a look at that shortly.

I’m also tracing down the cooling lines and checking and cleaning them out. On the side of the hull are three weep holes. The left one is clogged. The right one is not visibly clogged like the left one, but that is not shooting out water either. When connected to the hose, water comes out the transom holes as I’ve seen in videos.

And my main question is what is middle pee hole supposed to be connected to? The middle pee hole hose snakes its way over to the battery side and is resting unconnected in the bottom of the hull. Is the middle pee hole supposed to be connected to something or did it get pulled off of an connection? I’ve read the shop manual and owner’s manual, but can’t seem to find any info on the middle hole.

Hopefully, I’ll have her on the water soon!

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_20220808_090003601_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220808_090003601_HDR.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 5
One is a water indicator (pisser), one is for a battery vent on a wet cell battery and one is a fuel tank vent.

I am having some problem. I replaced a burned through(melted) PVC "T" pipe in rear deck but also found the middle hose not connected to anything. What does the middle hose connect to on a 2003 Seadoo #D 787?

The melted "T" PVC pipe indicates that somehow the cooling system has an issue does it not? I replaced the pipe but wonder if when I put it in the water it will continue to bog down under a load and not run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back