Winterizing Waterbox

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsoby

Hi all,
I'm new to the Sea-doo community and have recently acquired a 97 XP. I've winterized it according to the shop manual but after looking at the cooling schematic, it appears that water is normally trapped in the waterbox/muffler.
Is this true. If so, do you guys drain/add anti-freeze to the waterbox to prevent damage and how do you do it. Thanks in advance.

Southeast?

Well, I see your from the Southeast....I'd wonder just how far south. I'm on the Gulf Coast of Mobile Alabama and to be honest, I don't winterize. Two reasons. I am always tinkering with my engine and start it at least twice a week and second, it only freezes down here maybe 3 times a year. During the coldest days, I'll put a heat source in the engine compartment. Usually my drop light, with a garden grow light in it. They dont' seem to get as hot as the regular spot light. The battery removed and the lamp on the port side, opposite the carbs to make sure I don't expose the heat to a possible ignition source. If I winterized, I'd not be able to do the work on getting it ready for the spring. You can't start an engine flooded with coolant. Unless you want to flush it all out.
That's not a recommendation, you should follow the guidelines established by Seadoo, but that's just my way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back