What's the difference?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

timhood

OK, I searched but couldn't find a thread about this. Does anyone have a spreadsheet or something that shows the difference between different models and years?

Right now, I'm wondering what's the difference between say a 180 Challenger and 180 Challenger SE (2008), but since I'm still in shopping mode, it would be nice to know about other models. Information is pretty easy to come by for current models on Sea Doo's web site, but it's not always easy to decipher what's changed in previous years.

I found a spreadsheet on one of the Y@m@h@a forums (taboo word here, I know! :) ), but none here. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks...Tim

I've never seen a spreadsheet for the boats.....

But the difference between the regular, and the SE is just bolt on equipment. (carpet kit, bimini top, stainless cup holders, etc.)

Perhaps you have already tried this...?

There are "operator guides" on seadoo's website. Check out "owner center" tab, --> "Operator Guides" --> "sport boats" --> year, model etc. Then download the appropriate guide. When I was researching the 99' speedster vs. the '99 speedster sk, (or the difference between any of the specs of different boats)the guide was helpful... but it takes some searching.

I've never seen a spreadsheet for the boats.....

But the difference between the regular, and the SE is just bolt on equipment. (carpet kit, bimini top, stainless cup holders, etc.)

I'm a little confused. I'm looking at an '08 180 Challenger. It has a tower. But it doesn't have carpet (surely could have been removed, I guess), but I don't see stainless cup holders or a bimini. But the owner seems to think it's an SE model. Is there a way to tell from the Hull ID Number? Would the decals say 180 Challenger SE instead of just 180 Challenger? It seems to me like this boat is a regular 180 with the factory tower added on. (It's definitely the factory tower). There's a couple thou difference in NADA values, so I don't want to overpay for a non-SE.

spreadsheets

Guys,
I have been looking at buying one of these Sea Doo's since 2008. So, I happen to have the factory catelogs for each year; 08, 09, 10. In the back is a grid showing standard and options. I don't think they will fit in my scanner at home but maybe at the office. Let me pull them out and see if I can find the answer to the original question.
Mike

Answers

Differences...
SE- depthsounder
digital information center 18 function vs 19 function on SE
Bimini was standard on SE
SE - stero remote
SE - snap in carpet standard

everything else was either an option for both or the same.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back