What's my speed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

aread4

Just bought a 2007 GTX 155 used with 36 hrs. Got her up to 58 mph. Is this what I should expect for top speed or should it be moving faster? Thanks.

Faster... no. You have a very heavy ski with only 155 hp. Honistly... I don't think you are going that fast.

If you want to know... take a GPS out with you.

Borrow one if you are unsure, there are so many to choose from, if you purchase be sure to read it will float and has marine type sealing so when it drops in the water it can be taken out and used again.

Thats must be with a tail wind and a 80 pound person on it because our 05 GTX SC will only do about 60-62MPH. A GPS reading should be around 54-56MPH depending on conditions and weight.

:agree: Yes, never trust a Seadoo speedo. I have a 1999 GTX RFI and one day I pinned it and the speedo said 54, I was stoked to break 50. I also had a Garmin 60c handheld and after I stopped I checked the max speed it read 48.7, not as stoked.

Ted

Thats all you are getting out of the engine? I think it might be time for a new wear ring and depending on condition impeller. Is it just me or should that ski be able to do at least 55-60???

I'm 230-240lbs and I just put a new impeller in to get a little more out of the hole and I know I lost a little bit of of top end. 50 is fast enough for me now, later I want to try a Solas to see the difference.

Ted

I'm 230 and on smooth, no waves salt water. Next time I take her out I'll bring the GPS. It would be interesting to see if there's a trend as far as how off the Seadoo's speedometers are or if it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back