Looking to make my 2004 GTX 4-Tec Supercharged a little faster!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Brycen Cloud

Could u answer any questions abt impellers tho? I just got My 2004 Gtx 4-Tec Supercharged it has decent top end speed I’ve got it up to 57-58 but I feel like I’m still leaving a little out there. But my low end acceleration doesn’t seem good at all. The wear ring doesn’t look bad, the impeller looks a little beat up tho. It seems like it bounces off the rev limiter more then it should, especially when I make small circles/360s. it like it doesn’t have the acceleration to make fast circles and seems really lugged down. What would u recommend to do? New wear ring and impeller or what? Thanks

Pro Service Impeller Repair
They can also tweak your pitch for better low end acceleration. If you have a stock impeller repairing would ensure you keep the stock pitch. Aftermarket impellers are not always the correct pitch.

Last edited:
Probably, but I am almost positive Pro Service repair could answer that question better than I. Just repairing your beat up impeller might be all you need if your current impeller is stock.

I have an 03 gtx sc and I'm using a solas concord 12/20 I'm hitting 70 mph no problem. also are you hitting the rev limiter or are you cavitating? I have never had a max speed under 60mph. its a supercharged seadoo you should be able to beat most race boats off the line. I would start with new wear ring and impeller. spray some wd40 on the wear ring right before you launch first time (only for brand new wear ring and only once). this helps if there is any flaws in the wear ring. keeps the impeller from removing to much if it hits a flaw.

I have an 03 gtx sc and I'm using a solas concord 12/20 I'm hitting 70 mph no problem. also are you hitting the rev limiter or are you cavitating? I have never had a max speed under 60mph. its a supercharged seadoo you should be able to beat most race boats off the line. I would start with new wear ring and impeller. spray some wd40 on the wear ring right before you launch first time (only for brand new wear ring and only once). this helps if there is any flaws in the wear ring. keeps the impeller from removing to much if it hits a flaw.
Yea Id say my acceleration is no where near as good as it should be. Id say it’s doing a little bit of both hitting the rev limiter and cavitation h but I’d prolly saying it more of hitting the rev limiter. I’m definitely not getting anywhere near 70 I can only get mine up to 57.5. Would bad acceleration mean supercharger needs to be rebuilt, but if it was that I’d think it would be able to bang off the rev limiter. I’m pretty sure it’s banging off the rev limiter on the initial start also.

Yea Id say my acceleration is no where near as good as it should be. Id say it’s doing a little bit of both hitting the rev limiter and cavitation h but I’d prolly saying it more of hitting the rev limiter. I’m definitely not getting anywhere near 70 I can only get mine up to 57.5. Would bad acceleration mean supercharger needs to be rebuilt, but if it was that I’d think it would be able to bang off the rev limiter.
If you have any cavitation that means that you have less resistance in your motor and it is easier for it to rev out therefore you will be hitting rep limiter I stand by my previous I would replace the impeller and wearing and go from there. How many hours? What's previous maintenance has been done? Lots of factors. But first I would do wearing an impeller and take it for a test run

If you have any cavitation that means that you have less resistance in your motor and it is easier for it to rev out therefore you will be hitting rep limiter I stand by my previous I would replace the impeller and wearing and go from there. How many hours? What's previous maintenance has been done? Lots of factors. But first I would do wearing an impeller and take it for a test run
Personally I think it’s revving out without any cavitation most of the time. I both it used with around 75 hours on it and now it has around 83 to 84 hours. Would u just do the Solas 12/20 impeller or different impeller? Also would u say stainless steel wear ring or OEM? I really appreciate ur help.

Depends. Me personally, run the sbt one wear ring with the solas 12/20. If you're going to be on a lake where it's not very possible to pick something up then sure stainless steel. But remember the wear ring is there to take damage That's its purpose. What color is your supercharger?

Depends. Me personally, run the sbt one wear ring with the solas 12/20. If you're going to be on a lake where it's not very possible to pick something up then sure stainless steel. But remember the wear ring is there to take damage That's its purpose. What color is your supercharger?
Honestly I’m not sure what color my supercharger actually is. I wanna say it’s black. I’m kinda new to all this jet ski stuff but I’ve got really interested in it recently. I’m a dirt track racer so I’m always trying to my things faster. I’ll prolly get the solas 12/20 and the oem wear ring.

Iv tried a few that's what I run for good low and top end. Feel free to dm me with questions we have the same ski almost.

Back