2004 gtx 4-tec supercharged regulator rectifier location

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

almanor625

Can someone tell me where the regulator rectifier is located in a 2004 gtx 4-tec supercharged engine? And is it easily accessible to replace the part or is it buried under the motor? Thanks!

it's up front in the air intake
Thank you for your reply. Is it easy to replace? Meaning it's easy to remove and replace through the hood/front hatch? I pulled the front bucket (white) out from under the hood but could not see the regulator directly. Do I (ie, does the mechanic) need to remove/open the air intake? Sorry for the lame questions, I am not a mechanic. I've ordered an aftermarket regulator through amazon but the picture of the part doesn't look like anything I can see inside my jetski's hull/motor/hatch.

Yes, easy. You don't need a mechanic. Reach under hood and unplug both plugs on top of gas tank in air duct. Plug in new rectifier. Start engine and check voltage. If fixed, remove 2 screws and replace old one. The aftermarket voltage regulators are not good. Seen them bad out of the box or they will last a few hours and then go bad. Much better to buy used or new OEM.

Back