RPM vs MPH

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mzootie

2011 GTX 215. I think I sucked up some seaweed or something in the back bay. I rode for a bit towing a tube when I lost speed and sort of went into limp mode I think. I couldn't get any speed up even though RPM were revving up high. I had not engine lights or indicators suggesting a problem. I made it inland and went in reverse a few times to maybe blow any debris out. I should have checked the intake grate first though. I took it back out after a bit and it seemed ok. I replaced the spark plugs bc I thought it was still sluggish. Question 1 is my ski doesn't seem to really pick up any mph until RPMs are up. It takes up to 3500-4000 to get going. I would say I get to around 45 mph at 5000-6000 Rpm. Is that normal? I am used to my other ski which was muck lighter and smaller and was very quick from the Jump - a Yamaha EX. I was looking for a chart that may show RPM and MPH and what they should be. Does anyone know if that exists? I have not tried to go all out to record the RPM vs top speed, also wear ring and impeller was replaced by PO a year ago. Any insight would be appreciated.

So if your at idle than go full throttle and the rpm’s shoot up but your not accelerating would indicate that it is caveating. If there isn’t anything in the grate or the prop then I’d look at the wear ring clearance and replace the carbon seal assembly.

Back