What would you buy?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

185utopia210

We're looking to get into a newer boat and we wanna stick to jet drives as we have come to appreciate them. And as much as we would like to get a new Yamaha the budget won't allow it, lol!
I love the Utopia and have come across some later years in good shape like a 2006 240 merc; I'm assuming this would have the electronic oil injection? Another one is as 2008 Utopia with the twin 155 rotax. 4-stroke would be nice but it having 2 of everything a nuisance? Of course there seems to be a lot of Speedsters around again with the 310hp combo. I also have seen as few challengers around but most are supercharged and I didn't really want to get into the extra maintenance of that engine and don't know if a 155 would be enough power for one; plus i'm not keen on that droopy bow look.
What are all your thot's.???????

It's a hard call.

Yes... the 2005/2006 Utopia will have an electronic oil injection... and will produce minimal smoke. Also... most likely, it will have an optimax engine. Either the 200 or 250. AND... unless they have high hours... they will be reliable for a bunch of years.

FYI... I think 2005 was the last year for the Merc engine in the Utopia.

The non-supercharged 4-tec engines are great. They run well, are quiet... and are reliable.

Personally... when I bought my Islandia, I wanted the twin 155 hp 4-tec engines... but I couldn't take making payments on a boat for the 6 months out of the year, that I can't use it. SO... I bought a project boat cheap enough, that now I don't have a payment.

A twin 155 boat would be nice...

My GTX has the 155 and it is a nice smooth engine. It is louder than my RXT-X with a 255 SC engine though. But still plenty quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back