'04 Utopia Optimax 200 M2 belt replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JholtSRQ

All videos or pictures I find for belt replacement on Optimax show flywheel pulley ON TOP of flywheel whereas mine is on the bottom side of the flywheel. Manual doesn't seem to address replacement either.
Looks like either starter or flywheel need to come off to replace belt. I would think starter would be the easier route.

Can anyone confirm pulling the two starter bolts to drop starter gear out of way and slip belt in as the way to get this done?
Screenshot_20231108-155037.png

All videos or pictures I find for belt replacement on Optimax show flywheel pulley ON TOP of flywheel whereas mine is on the bottom side of the flywheel. Manual doesn't seem to address replacement either.
Looks like either starter or flywheel need to come off to replace belt. I would think starter would be the easier route.

Can anyone confirm pulling the two starter bolts to drop starter gear out of way and slip belt in as the way to get this done?
View attachment 64508

After you remove the old belt-
It looks like you can work the new belt between the gears without unbolting anything.

Make sure all the pulley are clean (no rust) and in proper alignment. Check for loose worn bearing, especially idler and alternator.

Back