See doo utopia no acceleration in reverse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hvitali

Hello team I am having problems with the reverse on a 2002 sea doo utopia 205. I can get the engine to accelerate in reverse. Throttle handle all the way back and it stays in idle. I bought the boat as a project so the bucket cable was out of it.

Hello team I am having problems with the reverse on a 2002 sea doo utopia 205. I can get the engine to accelerate in reverse. Throttle handle all the way back and it stays in idle. I bought the boat as a project so the bucket cable was out of it.
Did you install a new shift cable?
If you did, it sounds like it is mis-adjusted. The shift handle must go all the way aft in order to release the shift /throttle interlock in the shift-throttle. Or the interlock may have damage or corrosion that is blocking it.

With the shifter all the way forward, the bucket should be about 1/4 inch above the top of the steering nozzle.

Thanks for the feedback back Tim I be working on it this weekend. Hope to find out what going on. Thanks

Back