Westcoast Flame Arrestor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, recently acquired a Westcoast Flame Arrestor used, but I've never used it myself. The person I acquired it from claims that it was a fairly rare part, and I haven't really seen many of them myself after doing about an hour of research on the thing. I have it for sale right now, not gonna use it on my ski. For sale here: Westcoast Intake CBA2880 For SeaDoo; replaces SDF3800, SDF3820, SDF4400, SDF4600 | eBay - Honestly just putting it on here to see if anyone here has come by one of these before and to see if anyone here could put it to better use than I could.

Reason it's rare, is because West Coast went out of biz in the early 90's. They made some great parts back in the day... but I think they over extended themselves... and the bulk of what they made was for "Stand Up" skis of the late 70's to the 80's. When sit-down skis came out... it basically made the bulk of their products pointless.

At one time... I had a JS440 fully moded, and it was almost all WestCoast.

I have come by those filters quite a bit. It's a quality product but they got bad reviews at first because folks did not understand the design. The 2 cones are held in with weed trimmer line.

All those part #'s are not things replaced by this part but variations of this part. The top and element stay the same for all models but the bottom pieces are different so they will bolt on to different models. Yours will fit the 38's of a 717 with a 717 support bracket but came off a 787 with 40's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back