Went to de-winterized by 1995 Seadoo Sportster.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went to start the engine, the engine turned a couple of turns and then it locked up. I removed the plugs and spun the engine on the starter. The engine spun freely, but it puke up a lot of OIL. I look at the oil tank and the oil that I had in the oil tank last fall was all gone. Cleaned the mess up and finally all the cylinders were free of oil. Spun the engine with a garbage bag over it to catch any additional oil and it finally stopped puking up oil.

Installed the plugs back in and after a while I got the engine started. If it was mosquito season the thick smoke would have chase then away. Running the engine on water and at five minutes interval eventually the smoke subsided.

My question is why did the oil leaked all out of the oil tank into the engine? Should I have empty the oil tank as part of the winterizing procedure, or is there something wrong with the oiling system in my boat.

Also anyone know how to remove the oil stains (purple quicksilver PWC oil) from the vinyl seats on the boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the same issue a few time in the past couple of weeks. The crank seals for the rotary valve shaft are probably letting the oil into the crank area. If run regularly it probably won't build up like that. The only real fix would be to rebuild. I've also seen the suggestion to pinch off the RV oil line when putting the unit up for any length of time.

Even if it's on "Pre-Mix"... you still need the oil tank, and it needs to be hooked to the center of the engine!!!!! There is a set of gears in the engine that need oil on them... and that oil comes from the oil tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back