Wear ring issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sn0oP5

Hello,
I am the owner of a spark trixx model from 2019. We didn't have any issues with it since last week.
As we hit 100 hours, the wear ring broke(no damage visible to any other components). We changed it.
Then, 5 hours later, we broke the new ring. And it happened again today.

Everytimes a pro changed the ring and it took 1 hour. We are also pretty sure we didn't have any debris in it.
I had many seadoo for many years and didn't ever broke the propeler or wear ring, also very carefull when their is not so deep water.

I am wondering if it is a recurent problem from the spark or what could cause that

Hello,
I am the owner of a spark trixx model from 2019. We didn't have any issues with it since last week.
As we hit 100 hours, the wear ring broke(no damage visible to any other components). We changed it.
Then, 5 hours later, we broke the new ring. And it happened again today.

Everytimes a pro changed the ring and it took 1 hour. We are also pretty sure we didn't have any debris in it.
I had many seadoo for many years and didn't ever broke the propeler or wear ring, also very carefull when their is not so deep water.

I am wondering if it is a recurent problem from the spark or what could cause that

My first guess would be that your alignment is off slightly and the impeller is hitting the wear ring and breaking it. The gap clearance is miniscule so it won't take too much of a misalignment to hit the wear ring.

I presume that you reattached the wear ring retention screws into the housing, which will prevent the ring from spinning and causing issues.

Back