Water in Tuned Pipe

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2004 Seadoo 3D with 787 RFI.

While I was winterizing and pouring antifreeze into the pipe head, or tuned pipe through one of the water lines (as per the manual) I realized it never filled and found a crack in the tuned pipe on the bottom that was just dumping the antifreeze into the hull. So, I put the seadoo in my garage and today I pulled the pipe out to take it to get welded. What I noticed is that when I separated the tuned pipe from the extension pipe that runs to the back, some antifreeze came out of the exhaust. This was in addition to the antifreeze that came out of the waterline fittings. Does this suggest that the water jacket is also cracked into the exhaust chamber or could it have gotten in elsewhere? If for some reason I can't find a replacement pipe since they are so rare, is this detrimental to the engine or is it just going to spit the water out with the exhaust?

Thanks!

IT is a wet exhaust so the antifreeze will get in the cooling jackets and exhaust portion and is normal.

There is no point in welding the pipe as it is almost impossible to get it clean enough to weld with teh oil in the exhaust.

Ebay and Westside Powersports seadoo can get you a good used one. @Minnetonka4me

Ok. Thanks. I knew that there would be water in the water jacket but all the soot inside the exhaust chamber implied to me that there wouldnt be water in the exhaust chamber on that pipe or the stainless pipe that follows it, otherwise the soot would be "washed" out. If you think it will still work fine, I will weld up the outer crack to keep the water jacket from leaking into the hull and not worry about water getting into the exhaust chamber.

You'll want to repair that pipe. Just about everything is cracked out there and if it isn't... It's expensive. External crack isn't as big of a deal as an internal crack

You'll want to repair that pipe. Just about everything is cracked out there and if it isn't... It's expensive. External crack isn't as big of a deal as an internal crack
Actually in the process of ordering one from you or your brother right now with some other 3D parts... But I also have 3 of these units so if this one was fixable I would still hang onto it. Not sure how it would even be possible to fix an internal crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back