Water in bottom of seadoo 1995 SPX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkjiggles

I just bought my 1995 SPX and when I take it out of the water there is about 1 inch of water in the bottom of the jet ski that will not drain through the drain hoses. I have to take a rag and sponge it out. Cant figure out where it is coming from. I run the jet ski on the trailer in the water and no water comes in. Could it be coming through the air vents? There is also an "L" plastic screw in piece that I think is a water intake to the engine on the bottom left side next to a bigger black hose facing the back, and that "L" connector screws into a black round cylinder. It is stripped and hard to screw back in. Any idea what it is and could this be the source of my leak? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you identify what you're trying to explain from this diagram?

1.gif

Welcome to the forum.

How deep do you have the running ski while on the trailer?
Are any side molding pieces missing?
how long are you running it on the trailer?

Your bilge siphons may not be working. Check the round circles on your tuned pipe exhaust. Rough spots in middle can mean corrosion, holes. That causes water leaks at high engine RPM's. Check all your small / large hoses. They can get a holes worn in them from rubbing / age.

I have the jet ski all the way in the water but hooked up to the trailer and I stand on the sides while I checked for water coming in and I checked it for about 10 minutes when I did. I could find nowhere it was coming in. But about an hour later I look and there is about 1 inch of water in the bottom. I thought maybe the waves splashing came in through the front air vent or the back airvent. No molding pieces are missing and evevything is screwed down tight.

I have the jet ski all the way in the water but hooked up to the trailer and I stand on the sides while I checked for water coming in and I checked it for about 10 minutes when I did. I could find nowhere it was coming in. But about an hour later I look and there is about 1 inch of water in the bottom. I thought maybe the waves splashing came in through the front air vent or the back airvent. No molding pieces are missing and evevything is screwed down tight.

Is the motor running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back