Warm Water Leak?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

roorancher

Hi Guys!
First post for me.....and let me say that I'm an old "gearhead," but all of my experience is Chevy and Mercruiser. I've never done really anything to the Seadoo except for seasonal decommissioning and recommissioning.
Have a 2002 GTI purchased new...Have about 200 hours on it give or take, with a new engine about 4 or 5 years ago.
I've developed a water leak in/into the hull. Apparently warm water. it seems to be a good deal of water. I've inspected everything with a flashlight, mirror and boroscope camera. Right away I found the hose clamp on the narrow end of the exhaust cone connected to the rubber hose completely loose and hanging. Thought that was the problem, so I tightened it up, and I'm still leaking. I've stood next to it idling in neutral and I do not still see any water leak. Last night I left it tied to my "roll-N-go down in the cove, (I live on the lake,) put it in neutral and ran it up. Still couldn't find the leak. looked at the carbon seal/rubber bellows while running with a flashlight and mirror, didn't see any leak. As much as I can see and feel the hoses and clamps, everything appears tight. The resonator looks OK as well. Don't see any leaking welch plugs on the exhaust manifold or hoses leaking anywhere else. I might have thought that perhaps the muffler was compromised, but there's no exhaust gas/smoke in the hull.

I would welcome a fresh or experienced perspective.

Thanks!

Not familiar with that machine.

I was fighting a water in the hull problem on my 98 xp a couple of weeks ago. I could run it on the trailer from idle to high throttle and found no leaks from the motor or exhaust. I left it to sit in the water and nothing came in. I could run it around idle to half throttle and nothing came in. It only took on water when the machine it self was traveling at high speed. I put the gopro camera in 4 locations in the hull, ran it 4 times and did not get video of any water spraying in.

I removed the pump, ride shoe, intake, everything bolted to the rear of the hull. I cleaned the hull and plastic pieces, roughed up the surfaces a hair with some sand paper and resealed every piece that bolted to the rear pump area. I ran it and had zero water get it.

I have a 97 GTX and 98 XP. Both machines had seal failure issues, the GTX was sucking air in and reving, the XP was getting water in the hull. On both machines I used almost zero effort to remove the plastic pieces after the bolts were out, the original factory sealant had released from all the plastic.

It's a little work but if all else fails look at resealing the pump/ride shoe areas. On the XP the water was warm when I pulled the drain plugs which fooled me into thinking it was a motor or exhaust leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back