951 operating temp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jessecoy

I've had 2 951 cold seize on me. I'm running them in a coldish lake usually around 50f and was wondering about multiple things. I say this because the exhaust was barely warm and head was cold after an hour of riding.

. What's the operating temp on the 951
. What would be the best way to measure the temp? Egt, head temp sensor or off the water jacket
. Can you run a water restrictor disc to increase the temp

Thanks

Does it run good and everything works. How cold is the water your riding on>
Yea everything works good and they always run great. The lake is around 50-60 Fahrenheit. They definitely run a little slower Vs when I take them to a warmer lake.

yeah I'm not to sure about this. Only thing I could think of is the exhaust fumes mixing with colder water causes power deficiency. I don't really know if its fixable. Im not to sure about restricting the flow of water but if you want to mess with that just know there are prolly risk of overheating.

50-60 degree water should not cause any issues, you just need to let them warm up before hammering on them.

I think we have a resident expert on cold water riding on the forum. @AKnarrowback . He is the shiznit for freezing temps. :D :D I get such good mileage from his pictures posted on this forum. LOL We are candy azzes down here in the south. :D

Frozen Rider Jet Ski-Aknarrowback.jpg

Yes his throttle was frozen and he had to chip the ice.

Frozen Rider Jet Ski-Aknarrowback2.jpg

Back