1993 GTS Continuous Beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

19GTS93

Hi all!

I’m just getting into the world of PWCs and small engines. I’ve had a 93 GTS for a few years now and it’s running fine, however starting at the end of the last season, the overheat buzzer is constantly stuck on; engine running or not. I’m not convinced that it’s actually overheating, as when I first started it this season it immediately buzzed from cold, and when I do run it for awhile the head is not excessively hot. I’ve also verified that the cooling system is flowing, and that the bleed outlets have streams coming out of them. I’m wondering if the temp sensor has gone bad, as the beep does stop when I disconnect the connector. However I figured I may as well ask on here to see if anyone has any suggestions or tricks to diagnose the problem; I’d rather be on the water than digging aimlessly! Thanks!

Yes, if it stops when you unplug the sensor it is a bad sensor.
The "sensor" is really just a simple switch that closes with temperature and grounds the wire and it sounds like yours failed.

An easy test is the use a continuity tester and see if the sensor has continuity from the terminal to the body when cold if so it is bad.

Back