(Video) Contaminated Engine Oil or Not? Please take a look at VIDEO and let me know.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KefirSeaDoo

Hi everyone!

I had an intercooler that was leaking water into my engine oil. I performed an oil change and ran the watercraft for about 10-15 minutes on the trailer with the garden hose connected.

The defective intercooler was still installed in the intake and I had not yet swapped it. In the 10 to 15 minutes that I ran the watercraft on the trailer with the water hose connected, I probably turned it off & on 3 or 4 times.

I am wondering now if there is evidence via this video that there is water contamination in the engine oil, after having just switched the oil + filter + spark plugs!

Please take a look at this video clip and share with me your thoughts.

Being that I only have 10 to 15 minutes of run time with the new engine oil, and taking into consideration that there is water contamination (?); Can I get away with a partial oil change and must I replace the oil filter and spark plugs as well?

I have since replaced the leaking intercooler.

In addition, after having the oil change performed by a PWC Mechanic, (we) at his shop conducted an oil pressure test to make sure all was well. The Oil Pressure PSI was close to 95 off of a cold start and sustained 65 PSI after warm-up. Too high according to the specs of the shop manual....Could it be that I'm getting a higher PSI reading for oil pressure because there is water in the engine oil?

By the way, I extracted the oil from a COLD Engine that had not been started in 24hrs. Prior to that, I had not started the ski's engine in almost a week.

Thanks for your time in addressing my issue!

One Pissed-Off SeaDoo Owner!

[video=youtube;cHMbXEGY-_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMbXEGY-_A[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious, did you solve the "Milky Oil Mystery"? and how did you attach that ice chest to the back of your SeaDoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back