v6 merc 210...utopia...stator replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

njoyinit

started and ran with lower than expected rpm only about 4500 at WOT....then died at idle and would not restart.
I am replacing the stator anything else to consider?

intake looks good impeller looks good engine ran smoothly for first hour...

That's a WAY open-ended question.

What ave you checked? Could be fuel, could be a roasted engine.... etc.

Since you are talking about the stator... I'll assume you checked for spark. (but you didn't mention anything about that)

yes no spark....the engine ran smoothly but was what I thought low on rpm at 4500 WOT, no hesitations no sputters but would die when idling...then in a extra long no wake zone it died and would not restart
no spark discovered and stator tested it was bad...
I am so new and so non mechanical I dont know what questions to ask...but I want to learn so thank you for helping

No probs... we help people of all levels. But... since I'm not there... you have to give us all the info.

OK... no spark, and the stator metered as bad. Then... it's probably bad. For some reason... we've seen several 210 engines loosing stators this season.

But, in my experience... I haven't seen a stator cause low RPM... UNLESS... A couple plugs weren't firing. So, wit that said... once you put in your new stator... check all the plugs for spark. You may find that there is another issue. (like a bad switch box)

AND... just for giggles... you may want to check the compression. If it's the factory engine... it could be getting tired.

it is the factory engine and please explain switch box......
I have it a mercury service center....he will diagnose and further problems will he not?

good news after stator replacement, new plugs and new kill switch this boat rocks!!!! Runs out at 5800 RPM about 48 MPH fully loaded. Lovin it
thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back