Used 97 GSI with aftermarket MPEM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob97xp

Will the aftermarket MPEM give to beep when the dess key is placed on the post like the Oem one??? The current owner says no 2 beeps on the aftermarket MPEM???

Last edited by a moderator:
This one my buddy is looking at has a aftermarket MPEM in it, what could they of used. They are showing aftermarket ones in eBay.....

Yeah they claim it, but there no place to plug in the gauge

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the old mpem, and the aftermarket one look the same, only one place to plug in.... Where would other plug for the guage be at??? Thank you for your help and time in this matter Tonka!!

I do actually. If its a true gsi it would have a lcd gauge which was the extra connector. They will run without the gauge obviously.

Unfortunately this has been one of the harder ones to find and keep in stock. One year one model and it seems that one likes to have the starter solenoid always on failure and the accessories never turn off failure.

Yes a true gsi does have led guage, what do I have to pay for it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minnetonka4me, we're gonna need that MPEM for the GSI, can you hold till end of month till we gather up the funds??

This ski gives two beep from Dess key, starts, then dies... Runs for a second. Took a MPEM from another ski, wired it in, ski starts right up and runs fine.... All fuses in MPEM are fine... Anybody ever hear of a MPEM going bad and doing this????

If anyone can chime in on some things to check to verify a bad MPEM. I'm getting two beeps from dess key, ski starts, then instantly dies...we wired in a MPEM and gray box from another ski, she fires right up and runs... We're in the shop pulling our hair out......

Is it a 97 MPEM? I had one that was similar. Not sure about yours, but mine had the CDI built in and I think the CDI part was bad. Is it a big one piece unit? Mine was a 787 problem though. Post a pix. Replaced the MPEM and all is good. Problem is it is a very pricy MPEM. Tonka may have one, and he will accept them back for a minor restock charge if it does not fix you problem.

yes this GSI has the stock MPEM, part number 278000928. I'm buying a spare from Tonka in a week or two, they are getting hard to find, but just wanted to trouble shoot this one to see if I have a true MPEM problem. DESS key gives two beeps, ski starts and runs for a second or tow, then dies........all connections in rear black box are clean and tight. When I wire in a different MPEM in a gray box from another 717 ski, she starts right up and runs fine.......

As I said earlier the gsi mpem is a wild one...all sorts of weird problems I've seen specifically with the gsi mpem. But soccer dad is prob right... The cdi part of the mpem is bad, but the rest is fine. That happens a fair amount on the 97s...the gsx and the xp.

Thanks Tonka, when I get the one from you, I may send my old one to you to have it tested.... Or should I just toss it?????

Toss it. I have no way of testing for cdi issues. That's just another reason to buy electronics from us... If there is an issue we will take care of it without a bunch of bs like some of the clowns on ebay.

You got it, I'll p.m. You in a week or two to PayPal you the money for the MPEM.

Just sent payment, please mail to
Stateline auto c/o Robert Becker
413 east Main Street
Andover, ohio 44003.
Thank you Nick!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back