aftermarket MPEM for 1993/1994 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
anyone have any luck or referrals to an aftermarket MPEM for an older 93 or 94 XP. OEM part # 278000071/278000305?

I see a bunch on eBay and yes, i do know there are some for sale there, but no one does a test on those to authenticate that they are good to go. So, i was thinking a SBT or maybe one from OSD if they still make them.

I see the wire colours are different on the SBT one but the mpem is compatible with quite a few watercraft. Might have to call west side or give the SBT one a chance. Have a hard time buying a non returnable eBay item that’s 30 years old and untested

I see the wire colours are different on the SBT one but the mpem is compatible with quite a few watercraft. Might have to call west side or give the SBT one a chance. Have a hard time buying a non returnable eBay item that’s 30 years old and untested
Indeed. Try getting your money back when they sell you worthless junk for top $$. I called an shop in Florida that repairs automotive computers for a fraction of NEW cost but they weren't interested. LOL If we could get that potting crap out of the way... these things could be fixed easily.

I actually have a couple MPEMs from a 1996 SPI (587 engine). I repaired the diode in both and planned on using them for testing. The reason I have 2 repaired is because Matt Braley (da guru) sold me one and I said the numbers didn't match. He said that didn't matter to install it. Well in about 1 second it blew that diode. LOL I had a bad rectifier and I was green as grass when working on these things.

cleaning up the shop and getting the sleds ready for winter and i figured i'd test the volts coming out of the white wire and black/red wire from stator to ignition amplifier on the ski since i had to move it out of the way anyhow. I believe I should be getting at least battery voltage when cranking but wasn't getting over 3 volts on a charged battery. Ohm resistance was 144 when it should have been between 40-77 according to my manual. Not saying the MPEM isn't a problem, but if i'm not getting voltage to tell the amplifier to give the coil spark, then i may be either pulling this engine again to try a new stator or i'll attempt to do the stator with engine in the ski....although, not overly happy about doing either labour since the engine was out of the ski a month or so ago.

I don't pull the engines to replace the stator. too much work. Id rather fight it. :D Good Luck !

Back