Underwater LEDS…would like your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
too cool

these look so awsome i have never seen this before

unfortunately i dont think these would show up in the louisiana bayous

thanks! :rofl:

:agree:

the guy with the camera did a amazing job... and he had a pro SRL canon camera with all the gadgets... :hurray::hurray::hurray:

greez patrick

I will be at the lake this weekend and plan on taking lots of pics and maybe a video of the lights. Our lake has a fireworks display and it will be dark so this will be a good time to check it out. Keep posted....

id love to see them! im going to def do this LED install but i cant make up my mind wich one to install??? the abysslite or the oznium! i live in south carolina and its all legal! it doesnt matter where or what color i use! i just dont know if i buy 1 or 2 of the expensive ones or like 10 of the cheap spot lites. what kind of difference will it make??? swiss did you have to purchase an external power regulator with those lights or did it come with the lights????

I think the lights from Oz are a simple 2 wire installation. No need for any regulator etc. Might be an easier install.

Afterburner

This is going to confound & confuse my 10 year old. I just patiently explained to him that the "jet boat" is not like a jet on a fighter plane or space craft...

Now if he sees the water off the stern start to glow he is going to be sure we are frying fish.

:)

No, I have been out alot at night, but just always forget to have the camera with me. I am going to be out this coming labor day and will get some then. They are a hit with everyone that's seen them, however now our local lake patrol now knows my boat from everyone else. The only coment he made was "are those below the water line".....Yes they are sir!!!!

Good deal Man!!!! Just try to get a vid, and I will try to do the same...

My gas gauge quit working this last weekend, so I guess that is my next project to get that fixed.. not uncommon on our boats for that to happen.

I have them on my challenger and have never got to use them after dark. The guy I got the boat from installed them and did a terrible job with the wiring so I got that cleaned up. I will post a after dark video soon. I am going to Amistead Resivour in Del Rio Texas and the water there is very clear. So they should look pretty nice. I will get a video soon.

Awesome installs everyone. This is definetly a project I am going to tackle this winter.
A quick question though. I have scoured the web looking for red lights, and have so far been unsuccessful. I am just curious if anyone has come across red leds for underwater lighting in their travels?

LED lights

I definately want to start this project soon on my Challenger....I'll probably go with the Spots from Oznium and do 4 on the transom below the waterline.....Any one have a good description of the wiring setup they used? The spots draw 350mA each so if Im running 4 of them on one circut what size fuse do you think i should use?

I keep forgetting to get some pics of mine too. I have four on the transom. Plus one small SMD LED in 4 of the cup holders. I will try to get some pics soon. I am also going to get some for my bro in law and install them on his jet ski. I have been thinking about putting them all around his ski and flush mounting them. That would be wicked but require some fiberglass work and once they were in that would be it. Forever!

how did you guys do the cup holders?

and what kind of switches and where did you mount the switches??

MORE PICS I love it!!!!!!!!

I have the lights from Oz.. They are easy install and look good. they are not as powerful as some of the others but mine show a good 5-8 feet behind the water. I have 4 under the water.. Look great.. lots of comments about the from other boaters and no leaks. I just sealed around mine with silicon from HomeDepot. I also was able to tie them right in with my white light. So when ever its on they are on.

135.jpg

137.jpg

I dunno if I would trust some regular ol ebay stuff. for the extra 20 bucks, I would get what I have seen works. The oznium stuff works awesome. The ebay link has them for 15 each, oznium is 18 if you buy 3 or more. Plus oznium is 4 bucks for shipping. So for 4 lights it is 16 more, well worth it in my opinion.

From what I have seen, the spotlights are brighter and look the best. The water disperses the light anyway, so a flood light isnt needed.

I dunno if I would trust some regular ol ebay stuff. for the extra 20 bucks, I would get what I have seen works. The oznium stuff works awesome. The ebay link has them for 15 each, oznium is 18 if you buy 3 or more. Plus oznium is 4 bucks for shipping. So for 4 lights it is 16 more, well worth it in my opinion.

From what I have seen, the spotlights are brighter and look the best. The water disperses the light anyway, so a flood light isnt needed.

I agree you get a warranty with oznium.. Also do the spot lights.. I have 2 spot lights on the outside and 2 flood lights in the middle the spot ligths show brighter and deeper in the water. This off season i will be putting all spot lights in my new boat..

FYI: Still have the 2010 Challenger for Sale 4yr warranty has 21hrs. All mantiance done to schedule have records. Already has hyro turff and LED ligths installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back