Underwater LEDS…would like your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwater lights

We will have to get some video footage of the lights and post on here.. I have not really been out on the water late enough to use the lights the past couple of times though..

Here are some pictures of the install. I also used a factory switch to make it blend in better.

Attachments

• CIMG0639.jpg
    CIMG0639.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 396
  • CIMG0640.jpg
    CIMG0640.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 354
  • CIMG0641.jpg
    CIMG0641.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 337
  • CIMG0642.jpg
    CIMG0642.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 251
  • CIMG0643.jpg
    CIMG0643.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 256
Here are a few more. I will do a little video next time. I forgot the camera when we were out that night.

Attachments

• CIMG0644.jpg
    CIMG0644.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 170
  • CIMG0645.jpg
    CIMG0645.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 103
Great install Darth. Part II of my install is finally done. Went with a green interior, man these LEDs are bright I an gonna have to get a cover for two so I don't blind people. I don't remember but someone wanted to see the hatch LEDs I installed up close, so enjoy.

Attachments

• Boat_9.jpg
    Boat_9.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Boat_10.jpg
    Boat_10.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Boat_11.jpg
    Boat_11.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 237
  • Boat_12.jpg
    Boat_12.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 277
Great install Darth. Part II of my install is finally done. Went with a green interior, man these LEDs are bright I an gonna have to get a cover for two so I don't blind people. I don't remember but someone wanted to see the hatch LEDs I installed up close, so enjoy.

It was me who wanted a close up..
Those look sick dude good job..
:cheers:

@SeadooBOB - You think there would be any problem from EP's with the green interiors on while running at night?

I doubt it. Even so what is the worst they could do tell me to turn them off. I checked in Oregon about the laws I have the proper lighting on the front and back but it says nothing about additional lighting. Besides its not at the transom so I am not worried.

Its only scary the first hole. There are lots of us who have done it. The other people were my inspiration. Dont be afraid to ask questions. Once you make the first cut, the rest are easy.

It's actually a good thing in my case , because when I first put her in the water to check to make sure it wasn't leaking I found a leak around the pop rivet holding the rubber elbow in place and one side tore thru the rubber causing the Pop rivet to leak. If you think our boats are completely sealed and can't leak....think again. There is several areas where water could get in if not checked from time to time.

Looks good, the only thing now is to find a way to keep the bugs from smacking you in the face when you are out at night!

Very Clean, i want to do somthing like that but, cant bear to drill holes in my baby, yet....

I only had to put four tiny holes under the lid to mount and wire. And even if they leaked which they don't the small amount of water would drain into the engine compartment where all the other water goes. No harm all good.

:)

LEDs on Speedster

I had put some pics in the audio thread, but not here where they belong..

take into accountt hat the water in the lake is extemely murky

Attachments

• Leds at Dock.JPG
    Leds at Dock.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 314
  • int. at dock.JPG
    int. at dock.JPG
    553.3 KB · Views: 349
ive just bouht aftermarket speaker covers with 4 blue led's in each one that are activated by speaker wires so no seperate wireing ,i havent tryed them yet but may be a cool addision to a lighting set up !
got them of ebay.

hi folks, quite new here so HALLO!! :hurray:

i received my 09 challenger 230 3 weeks ago, the first mod we did was some underwater LED`s from abysslite. i know thay are pricy :redface: but woth every penny.. enjoy the pics!!

have fun and greez from switzerland

patrick

Attachments

• IMG_3117.jpg
    IMG_3117.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_3189.jpg
    IMG_3189.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 384
Model lite

Swiss,
Which model LED lite did you use from Abyss? These look awsum! Any photos of the install?
Mike

hi folks, thanks for the nice words!

on the pics i have 2 1215`s pointing down and 2 L800 pointing back.

i hope you can figure out what colour i got :hurray:

we did a lot of testing... and got the best results pointing them as described.

the boat is at the dealer at the momant, having a freshwater tank installed. when i have it back i will make some pics how the installation of the LED`s was done.

you can have a look at www.abysslite.com , a very nice place to deal with.

greez from over the pond, patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back