Transon Scupper Valve 97 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LSaupe

looking through my boat and see that the rubber portion of the transom scupper (part # 204060073) is shot. I see these are no longer available through BMC.

Anyone know of a suitable replacement?

Also, the cooler compartment. Where does this drain? Into the bilge area perhaps?

Larry S.

You need to put your boat information in your avatar for future questions. Use mine as an example. Yes, the cooler drains into the hull of the boat. Check our "parts" link for the part you need. If it's not available, try West Marine for a replacement. Bring the old one with you.

Karl

Hi Karl:

I did try the parts link (no luck). I also tried West Marine. No direct replacement. Was hoping to find a way without mayking any mods.

With the old part in hand try a couple marine supply stores. I know there must be a replacement availiable without modifying anything.
As a last resort you could just attach a new one. Plug the old screw holes, and re-drill new holes to attach the new item. Just be sure the hose fits the new scupper assy. It's not that hard of a mod...keep me posted.

Karl

Thanks for the info. Just ran across this on another list. Looks like I am not the only one with a bad valve. Not sure how true it is, but will check it out.

"Since I want to keep my boat in the water for an extended period of time, I was worried about the water seepage through the original equipment rubber flapper scupper valve. I discovered there's a SeaDoo recall giving an upgrade to a ball valve positive seal.

The scupper Kit Part # is 295500637. The campaign # for the recall is 97-1. It covers '96 & '97 Sportsters, Challengers, and Speedsters. Go to any dealer and give them the VIN number of the boat, and they'll either give you the part or install it for you (your choice), no charge."

Mine has this on it...Called a Ball Scupper and only $13 from www.westmarine.com. Not sure if it came on it stock or if a previous owner replaced the stock one with this one.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...L=true&storeNum=6&subdeptNum=502&classNum=698

Here is a picture of it mounted. Sorry, only 5 am here, and still dark outside, and picture turned out crappy. But you can get the gist of it...

Attachments

• scupper.jpg
    scupper.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 260
Another quick question. The bildge pump line exit on the transom, mine does not have a scupper system. Is this the correct configuration? Is it above the waterline or maybe the bildge pump has an internal check valve?

I don't have one on mine either.I have never seen water come back in on that hole...

It is higher even than the exhaust so I would guess it is out of the water most of the time.

If anyone else has this problem (I had it on my 96 Challenger) sea doo superceded this part and the dealers carry the new one (looks exactly like the west marine design except its black) it I paid less than $20 for mine form them. ALSO, if your trying to get more out of yours thats old flip the rubber flap arround and re assemble it so the flap now pushes in [180 deg flip] I got another year out of mine doing this

I used to have water come through the bilge pump hose on my 1996 doo but then I replaced all the hose when the motor was out last year and extened it so it made a loop up the side of the boat. Bilge stays very dry now. Can run for hours and hardly any water. I figure some of if is coming from my ice metling in the coller even :)

BTW: Love parkeryamaha also. I juste order two new 40mm sbnI carbs with 147.5 and 150 jets from them. They did not have one of the carbs in stock and they still got everything to my house in 4 business days. Ordered many other things from them in the past and they have never let me down. They will even let me talk to tech if I have questions before ordering parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back