towing a 3D behind a boat?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarrig3

Last Summer I took the 3D to Lake Powell, which was a blast, but towing the ski behind the house boat was not. The weight at the front of the ski caused it to try to nose under while being pulled. I am thinking about adding weight to the back of the ski and see if I can get it to pull any better. Does anyone have any experience with this or any other suggestions?

Without a rider... it's very nose heavy. I tried to tow an old Kawi stand-up ski back in the day... and we wound up just putting it on the deck of my buddy's pontoon boat to get it out to the "Camp".

I just picked up an 04 rfi yesterday, the only thing I have to add is make sure you clamp off the water inlet running into the top of the cylinder head. I understand that if you dont there is a risk to filling the exhaust system with water???

I know that the clamp came with the machine, but I didn't get one with mine. Don't expect to tow it though.

Does anyone have pictures or a microfiche or website that sells the clamp big twin lake mentioned?

I think this would be a very good thing to have on my ski for that emergency situation

dsc02285v.jpg
I installed a tap (red) above the fuel tank, that way you can just lift the lid and the stowage tray and turn it, just dont forget to open it before you ride. Just cut the hose and insert the ball valve with brass barbed fittings and hose clamps.. easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back