I have an HX and thinking about buying a 3D...similarities and differences?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bawray

I have an HX and thinking about buying a 3D for my second ski.

I live in Wilmington NC and use my HX for jumping waves in the ocean. I absolutely love the HX. I am going to keep it but I want a second ski so my sons and friends can ride with me. I am thinking about getting a 3D.

I have never ridden one and I don't know anyone who has so I was wondering how the 3D compares to the HX. What are the riding similarities and differences?

Anyone with experience riding both?

There is not a single thing that the HX and 3D have in common. The 3D is a 1997 XP+ hull with a deck and handpole. They are fun but not a good stand-up and not a good sit-down.

Well, I just arrived home with a 1996 XP. A project for sure but I hope I can get it ready by April. The 3D didnt seem right for me but I would love to try one out some time.

When I picked up the XP it was at a PWC mechanic's shop. He had a 3D there (sans the motor!). It was the first time I have looked a 3D over in person. Definitely not a "stand up". I would still love to have a go with the sit down (not cart) option. And...yea...I would like to try it as a stand up just to see what it is like. It looked to be a lot of fun!

Actually 3d are a lot of fun when they are running. If your the type that like to get wet they are fun. Everybody has there own idea of fun.

The 951 3D is pretty fun. It’s not as good as a sit down and not as good as a standup. But whatever it is, it’s fun in its own weird way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back