towing a 1998 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazda2010

Hi do you think ill be able to tow a 1998 speedster with a 1998 Crv ( 5spd Manual) i dont know the weight of the boat but my hitch can tow 2000 lbs and also do you think it will be hard to pull out from water. I:cheers: know its not boat season anymore in New Brunswick but just getting ready for next summer

The 98 CRV towing capacity is listed at 1000, ignore the hitch.
Fueled up and gear and you will be almost twice that so I would say no, but I am not the typical weight police either that appear on RV forums...
good luck
bobby

I probably get something better if the weigth with all gear and fuel will be roughly twice so ill keep on eye open on all good trade in this winter im lucky to work in a dealership so i ll get something for sure :conehead:

I probably get something better if the weigth with all gear and fuel will be roughly twice so ill keep on eye open on all good trade in this winter im lucky to work in a dealership so i ll get something for sure :conehead:

Good Idea in getting a differnt tow rig! One thing thats misleading is the towing capacity in your owners manual is your Maximum Towing Capacity. A good rule of thumb is to regularly tow approx 50% of your max. Every once inwhile go to the max but not regularly or your'll be wearing out your drivetrain in a hurry. Kinda misleading in the manual, I've got a buddy who runs an rv dealership and hear horror stories from him of guys towing around their large fifth wheels with 1500 series trucks (putting their truck close to max towing cap) all over the place an ruining brand new trucks.

Yeah you will be way over the capacity. My 98 weighs in at almost 1900 lbs with a full tank of fuel and all my junk on it.

Order my new Tow Rig should receive it on saturday if everything go well. Will be a Rubicon Unlimited so ill be able to enjoy summer in mud when it will be raining
Mazda2011

Mazda2011

Just towed a 96 Speedster w/ a 4cyc Jetta (90HP manual) for a hour trip up to 75MPH, did just fine, later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back