Minimum dimensions on Switch 18' Sport

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OlySwitch

Hello,

Finding information about the SeaDoo Switch is tough let alone a forum, so hopefully this is a place to get some advice, answers and suggestions. I am expecting delivery of a 2023 18' 230 Sport soon and haven't had the opportunity to really see one in detail. I am not banking on this fitting into our standard garage, but looking at the dimensions posted by SeaDoo, I think it may be very close and possible. That is if it is possible to remove the rear swim platform and the Bimini and possibly lower the tire pressure as a last resort if it came down to an inch or so. Has anyone looked or tried to see what the minimum length and height for this model is? Understandably you would not want to remove these things each time you take it out, but it would be a huge storage cost savings and peace of mind if able to store in home's garage.

Brake controllers - anyone have a preference for a brand for vehicles that do not come standard with a controller? I have a 2022 4Runner Limited and thinking about the RedArc Tow Pro Liberty as a plug-and-play for my model.

Also, what about a non-SeaDoo outside cover, perhaps a car cover, for outside storage during the season (not to be used during towing)? I hear the moorage cover offered by SeaDoo doesn't cover a lot and leaves the pontoons susceptible to color fade. Ideally, I would like a huge, quality, weather resistant cover that can be anchored with bugee is fine, that completely covers or wraps the boat to keep animals, kids, and most elements out.

What else is needed and recommended upon purchase? I don't plan to buy much of SeaDoo's line of equipment because it's too expensive for what you can comparably purchase elsewhere. I hear a non-SeaDoo anchor kit may also fit in that storage area, etc. Any advice about jetboatpilot non-slip or similar addition on the rear swim platform? Is something like that a good thing? How about a trailer lock when in driveway? I already have a 7 to 5-pin adapter ready for the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back