Tool to remove Exhaust Outlet?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

happycamper25

I have a 97 GTX which has an exhaust outlet that is leaking (EXHAUST OUTLET NECK-FILLER 274000222, NUT M72 274000224). I have a replacement part in hand, but I'm finding it very hard to remove the 82mm nut from the old exhaust outlet, because there is no room inside the hull to maneuver a wrench. A socket would work better, but nobody makes a 82mm socket that is 5 inches deep. Has anyone had success removing this nut? If so, how? I thought about building something with a conduit, but getting the inside of the conduit to catch on the sides of the nut is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Thanks in advance!

The best way is to make your own tool. Find a piece of PVC pipe with close to the same diameter. Then with a heat gun heat the PVC until it is soft and force it over the nut and let it cool. You might have to heat and press a few times to get it completely over the nut. I have used this method to make tools for the VTS nut and the gauge retaining nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back