2016 GTX Ltd. 260 IS Oil Filter Cap Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TappanFan

Hi All! Relatively new to the forum. Please help! My 2016 limited 260 IS oil cap - how in the world do you remove this?!? I barely have enough room to get my hand inside the engine compartment - using an 8 mm socket which seems to fit just fine. I can't get enough leverage on it to loosen the bolt. Is there a trick to this? Or a special tool? You can't use an extension as it can't be oriented vertically. What made matters worse is that my local dealer put some type of yellow shit in the bolt cavity - maybe some tamper evident feature - I can still get a bite on the bolt with the socket but can't seem to get it loose. Would be eternally grateful for some words of wisdom. Thank you! - Michael R.

Hi All! Relatively new to the forum. Please help! My 2016 limited 260 IS oil cap - how in the world do you remove this?!? I barely have enough room to get my hand inside the engine compartment - using an 8 mm socket which seems to fit just fine. I can't get enough leverage on it to loosen the bolt. Is there a trick to this? Or a special tool? You can't use an extension as it can't be oriented vertically. What made matters worse is that my local dealer put some type of yellow shit in the bolt cavity - maybe some tamper evident feature - I can still get a bite on the bolt with the socket but can't seem to get it loose. Would be eternally grateful for some words of wisdom. Thank you! - Michael R.
They do get stuck. I'm not sure what the solution is other than apply some heat and use an extension to get more torque.

Welcome to an "IS" Seadoo where even the most basic maintenance is a PITA.

Back