Throttle Sticking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Kozy

We were out on the lake yesterday and I noticed my throttle seems to be sticking sometimes when the handlebars are full left or right. It would stay at about 8mph after I let go of throttle. I asked my wife if she had noticed it on hers and after awhile she experienced it too. I never noticed it before yesterday, each ski has about 18hours on it.

Anyone else noticing this?

I believe it's a safety feature. for those who don't know you have to give it throttle to steer.

If you don't hold the 'wheel' full left/right, does the throttle return to idle?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out last night and did not notice. Do you turn the steering one way or the other at full throw, then let go of the throttle?

I have the IBR thingy. Love it. Really nice while trying to talk to others setting still. I may get out tonight and test this theory of OTAS.

Last night I specifically played around with OTAS
If you are above 8 mph and let go of the throttle it will engage at full steering control. So it goes to about 3K RPM at full deflection on steering. It then tapers off while you have full deflection.

It's really almost transparent. Considering they have this on a low cost ski, Kudos to SeaDoo!

Yeah, I've been playing with OTAS more as well and actually it's grown on me. I can use just this feature to have superb low speed control and the boat spins in circles in it's own length.

Back