Thoughts on '99 GSX Limited and '99 GSX RIF

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAM1961

I currently have the two jet skis, but have been looking to replace the SPX. Well, I ran across this and am looking for opinions:

1. 1999 GSX limited 951cc
This is the fastest production seadoo 2 stroke seadoo ever made. This baby flys 70mph on flat water. Motor completely rebuilt beginning of summer. 20 hours on it everything redone. New carbs. New rave valves. New fuel lines. Inline filters after market carb intakes. One of a kind so much more.

2. 1999 gsx RFI 787 Completely gone through as well. Won't find a nicer one for this price. Just had them out on the water today both hitting and easy 50mph. Quick and agile. Get them now and enjoy the sun's out!

3. 1998 shore lander double trailer. No rust everything sanded down. New paint. Brand new tires. Brand new bunks all the beginning of this summer.

Asking $3500 for the set. Per pics, they look to be in very good condition. Don't know about covers, and whether gauges work yet, and have asked for supporting paperwork for all that's been done per his ad.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good price. The gsxl is worth $2k if in good condition and runs fine with good compression. The gsx rfi is worth $1400 in nice shape and runs like it should. So, you're getting a two place trailer for $100 which is worth around $500.

Well the 99 GSX Limited will not do 70 mph. You will hit a easy 60 but even with a bunch of mods I never could get over 64.

Well the 99 GSX Limited will not do 70 mph. You will hit a easy 60 but even with a bunch of mods I never could get over 64.

yip, 62 was the fastest i've ever gotten a 99 up to, except on the trailer. FWIW, its my 2nd favorite model that seadoo made, behind the X4 of course.

The speed estimates are a slight concern when the seller lists that speed as to whatever else he might be exaggerating on.

Otherwise, for the package, $3500 is a reasonable price. Check over carefully, do compression, test ride.

top speed of the 99 is about 62.
Spim rode mine after right after i bought it and timed it at 62 with a GPS. it also had a solas prop.

the GSX 787 should go faster than 50. My 96 GTX 787 will hit 52 with me on it (lightweight).

change all the gray tempo fuel lines to black if not already done.

the 99GSX LTD may not be the fastest top end, but my god is it a wicked little ski.

it is the LIGHTEST ski the 951 was ever in, and holds a good amount of fuel.

trim up this thing will JUMP like you've never seen and spin all day long. super fun ski.

2 riders on it, and it will porpoise like a MoFo. it will NOT stop bouncing. Some people have lengthened the VTS rod to get the nose down on it. maybe it needs trim tabs.

It is a wicked fun ski, if you like jumps and spins. The XP though will crush it in the turns (99-03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back