99 GSX mag heat exchanger cover fix?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
DC74B3AB-7253-4CC2-9263-4A9075F53FEE.jpegDoes anyone have any recommendations on how to fix the nipple on this magneto heat exchanger cover from a 99 GSX RFI? I am going to order a new one from OSD parts.com but am being impatient and want to try this machine out. Is the water under very high pressure through this fitting? Thank you In advance

What about contact cement for pvc pipe? I think it’s pvc, the black stuff in plumbing, I always mix it up with abs. If I were to get a barbed fitting made of pvc and try to tap the opening and then use contact cement? I’m open to suggestions

I ended up using the old cover that was on it and purchased a new cover from OSD Marine. I’ve looked at the manual and the parts catalogue but can’t find a part number or any reference to the fitting that goes onto the lower fitting of the cover. To be clear, there is supposed to be a fitting on the line that goes to the lower fitting of the cover which allows for easy removal of the line for winterizing. Would anyone know where I could get this fitting? Or have a part number? Sorry, I’ve looked everywhere that I can think to look. Thank you

I just encountered this in my 00 gtx, was the part from osd a direct replacement? There’s no pics on their website.

I just encountered this in my 00 gtx, was the part from osd a direct replacement? There’s no pics on their website.
I haven’t put it on yet, but yes it looks to be identical. It was 18.99 if memory serves me correctly. Let me know if you can’t find it on their website and I can have a look and see if I can find the receipt for it, actually I can just go on their website and look at my past purchases. Do you happen to know anything about the special fitting that goes in the line going to the bottom fitting of that cover? Currently it’s just a hose directly on the fitting but it’s supposed to be a quick connect.

Thanks that’d be great. The quick connect is the one that broke for me but the barbed fitting is still in tact. I know the quick connect line hooks up to a port under the flywheel cover, it’s only like a 12-15 inch line. I’m not sure where the other lines goes, my engine is on a table rn. I’m planning on getting two brass fittings from Home Depot, probably 1/4” or 5/16”. Then I’ll drill out both of the old fittings and jb weld the new ones.

Back