The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think about rebuilding your own counter balance and rv shaft? Is it worth the trouble or should I just buy already rebuilt ones? It looks pretty straight forward but I've never done it before.

I build my own. I use a 2 jaw puller on the cb bearings, then use the press to put the new ones on. On the rv shaft you need an internal bearing puller from harbor freight. If you look in any of my build threads you can see them. I think my 95 and 98 have decent pics on them.

What do you guys think about rebuilding your own counter balance and rv shaft? Is it worth the trouble or should I just buy already rebuilt ones? It looks pretty straight forward but I've never done it before.
As long as the oil seals are good on the counter you just have to swap out the bearings

send it to crankworks and get it rebuilt and stroked at the same time!! lol

So Im at my fiberlgass guys shop picking up supplies. We were looking at bone yard of my molds. uploadfromtaptalk1455874935402.jpg got me thinking of making x4 mold for Carbon. First pic is xpl. Second is 04 rxp top. uploadfromtaptalk1455875089994.jpg

I was the odd man out again yesterday.

12736664_1129298160428480_350708152_o.jpg

I can you help you out with this one. They are 42 mm OD x 20 mm ID x 12 mm Lg. Koyo part #6004 2RSC3.
I have 4 of them on my desk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I just installed from Atlantic jetsports. $21 but I'm sure they are cheaper to order separately.

Dang, $19.49 for 10 from amazon [emoji58]
194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a water strainer from Home Depot for my X4 yesterday. Only $12. But I also had to buy the correct adapters to step it down from garden hose fitting on each end. But it seems solid, and is sure to keep those sand and rocks out of my engine and cooling lines. I still have to come up with a way to mount it though.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Looks just like the marine model I bought for my boat, but costs 1/3 as much. About the same quality too.

Bought a water strainer from Home Depot for my X4 yesterday. Only $12. But I also had to buy the correct adapters to step it down from garden hose fitting on each end. But it seems solid, and is sure to keep those sand and rocks out of my engine and cooling lines. I still have to come up with a way to mount it though.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Looks just like the marine model I bought for my boat, but costs 1/3 as much. About the same quality too.
Link no good. I just got mine off ebay I think it was $12 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back