The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got HUGE inlet and outlet, and I read somewhere a guy had one of these on his v8. He found it all clogged up one day, and it was still flowing enough for him to not notice anything. I'm going to try it, as I've found a bunch of debris in my cooling systems every time I take them apart. I'm pretty sure I've lost a few engines due to this.

I have used the strainers for years and never had a problem. I install the screen when I ride the ocean and always have a little sand and seaweed in it after riding the surf. At the lakes my skis are never beached so I just take the screen out for peace of mind.

have a question, anyone that ever installed the single gauge hood on their xp have issues with it not closing. It's about a 1/8 inch from seating on the hood pin. My rig fix was to dremel out a little bit of the circle that seats around the pin and put two small washers between the hinge and the hull. This works, but you can see I rigged it up through the front gap between the hood and hull. Any advice?

Damn that easy? I was doing this in the dark last night, I should of stopped and came back to it today. So I can just loosen the pin, and slide it down a hair? I didn't realize there was room for adjusting it.

no shit? i always just egg out the screw holes on the hood handle so i can slide it back a little.

There is an adjustment nut on the top and a nylock nut on the bottom. You can adjust the height and the location. I want to say the nuts are a 17mm and the stud has 12mm or 13mm flats if I remember correctly.

Good to know. I knew there had to be a adjustment, I couldn't believe I couldn't find anything about this in any forum or google searches.

39.jpg

Almost done with the tifton ski!

Yep the Noid nailed it. 13mm on top, 17mm on the bottom.

they can rattle loose too. Had that happen on my seat bolt. LOL! The nut was gone. Disappeared somehow into my hull. Never did find the thing. Fortunately the seat didn't fly off while doing 70mph down the highway for 2 hours. :cuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back