The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
These were already on the pair of 96s I got a few months ago but I think they are $145+shipping. They are local to me here, I have a ragged Jettrim hump seat that needs recovered I may have re-done soon.

They are top notch quality and you can choose your different fabrics to make it custom to your look you want.

Went out to do a little brapping. First ride of the year, should have took more gas it wasn't that cold at all. Everything works and no leaks from anything I took apart, that was my excuse to go out "to test".

Not a bad day to ride...

353.jpg

354.jpg

I washed the salt off all the cars from the snow. Hah! It was nice, but no way would I have gone near any water.

Yea I can't wait to ride. I'm not sure if all these build threads are helping or making me want to ride more.

I rode pretty hard yesterday before the Super Bowl, spent half the time jumping and half running buoys, my body is quite sore today. Lots of people were out at Body Beach, it was a good time. I rode a Blaster for the first time, what an odd feeling ride at first, and they are slow.

Forecast looking pretty good, I'd say bring your skis and come ride but most you guys live in Midwest or East US.

http://www.wunderground.com/us/az/lake-havasu-city

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some advice on an XP with some aftermarket goodies. Per the ad: "XP has aftermarket intake grate and nozzle, full Rossier exhaust, high compression head, fuel primer for easy starts, and completely rebuilt fuel system"

He's asking $2200. Cosmetically, the ski is in great shape. No hump seat and no trailer. I am waiting on some under seat pictures.

EDIT: This ski was also just bumped http://bham.craigslist.org/boa/5406273786.html

Are either of these worth pursuing?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty damn high. If the engine was rebuilt with an OEM or Hotrods crank and OEM or Wiseco pistons, it would be more attractive. But if you don't know how many hours are on it... I'd pass.

Yeah thats nuts. I get about that...little more but its near perfect condition, all maintenance done, all electronics working, cleaned and polished, new seat cover and mats.

These are the notable pics he sent me:
79.jpg
80.jpg

If he can get that for it, more power to him. It's too high to make it work for me.

Engine bay does look pretty clean IMO.

Would be nice to see the shape the rest of the gel coat is in. Def some noticeable wear just in the two pics u posted. Although it's in an area that does see a lot of abuse with the seat on and off

Hey guys, what would be a fair price for a 99 SPX that hasn't been run in a couple years, but has good compression? It does start and run, and is fairly clean, comes with good trailer. Obviously can't water test since all the lakes are frozen this time of year.

Hey guys, what would be a fair price for a 99 SPX that hasn't been run in a couple years, but has good compression? It does start and run, and is fairly clean, comes with good trailer. Obviously can't water test since all the lakes are frozen this time of year.
All depends on location really.

Ski is located in northern Michigan. I went to look at it and it didn't run as good as advertised. It barely started and wouldn't idle longer than a few seconds without dying, and smoked like crazy. Not too surprised or worried about that, as I already assumed it would need a good carb rebuild and fuel lines replaced. My bigger concern was a huge puddle of oil inside the hull. What was weird was that the oil in the hull was brown, yet inside of the oil tank was blue oil. Also there was a gash on the bottom of the hull that was repaired with gelcote. Overall might be a little risky to pick up this ski with so many unknowns about it. Compression did check out ok. The other red flag was that the owner told me the longest he ever ran it was 5 minutes, outside of the water and without the hose hooked up!

More noob questions here.

I got around to pulling some parts off the motor in that loaded ski I bought for parts a couple months back. Here's some pics of the domes in the R&D head on it and also the cylinders from that motor as well. There is a bit of pitting in the PTO dome which also had a little damage to the piston and scuffing of cylinder, MAG cyl and dome was fine it appears. Is this head any good still? I cant feel the dings when I rub my fingers across the surface but they are obviously there. Also the pistons say 50 on mag and 50 X on pto, what does the X mean and does the .50 mean its 82.50mm bore, meaning the engine was already rebuilt?

100.jpg

RampD%20Head%20amp%20Pistons%20Pics%20From%20Parts%20Ski%20003_zpsx7rmpmz2.jpg

RampD%20Head%20amp%20Pistons%20Pics%20From%20Parts%20Ski%20004_zpsgeo4nkno.jpg

RampD%20Head%20amp%20Pistons%20Pics%20From%20Parts%20Ski%20007_zpsxomccacb.jpg

RampD%20Head%20amp%20Pistons%20Pics%20From%20Parts%20Ski%20009_zpsppjbiwmk.jpg

RampD%20Head%20amp%20Pistons%20Pics%20From%20Parts%20Ski%20010_zpsoqe5bvm8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back