The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply Nick.

I trimmed the bottom lip off the bumper already and just need to do the front sections on the rails before I put them on. I have all the rub rails off to buff the hull. It would be expensive to use all SS bolts and nuts for the entire rails unless its that much better I would rather use rivets for that. Using SS bolts and nuts on the front where splash guard and bumper mount, Im ok with that.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

Also I found a post by RacerXXX with these for the rub rails. These are probably the right ones to use for that right? They are a little shorter length than what I linked earlier.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#97447a065/=10qrrd4

Those are correct for the rails, the front bumper gets 97447A072 Both are correct to OEM length

What's everyones opinion on water boxes? I've been looking at things to upgrade my x4 and so far I've come across intake grate and waterbox. love the sound of a TDR waterbox. anyone have a used one? lol

They dont do anything but make noise....but if thats your thing they make a great raspy tone. Id do a skat prop and a new wear ring over a TDR in an instant.

$250 seems a bit high but still cool. Accepting offers though...

266.jpg

My buddy trashed an old Speedster, but not before he cut out the huge SEADOO logo out of the side. I plan to turn that into a cool sign to hang up in the garage someday.

I buffed my hull using the JSG method as described in his thread on buffing nasty hulls. Mine wasn't all that bad to begin with but it still made a huge difference.

282.jpg

This was the worst area it was chalky yellow on the top of the nose.

283.jpg

284.jpg

Big thumbs up to JSG for the tutorial. I used wool pads for heavy and medium cut and foam for fine cut and synthetic sealant, then hand waxed it.

I buffed my hull using the JSG method as described in his thread on buffing nasty hulls. Mine wasn't all that bad to begin with but it still made a huge difference.

282.jpg

This was the worst area it was chalky yellow on the top of the nose.

283.jpg

284.jpg

Big thumbs up to JSG for the tutorial. I used wool pads for heavy and medium cut and foam for fine cut and synthetic sealant, then hand waxed it.

Very nice job! JSG's tutorial is pretty awesome
291.jpg

I have an issue with my steering now, I installed one of my UMI systems and the stem was tilted to the right with the nozzle straight. So I read you can adjust the steering cable at the end. I adjusted it all the way in at the nozzle and still was only about 30% better. Found another adjustment at the front end and adjusted that all the way in and its close but the steering stem still a little tilted to the right when nozzle is straight out the back (or steering nozzle to the left with stem straight). WTF do I do now I cant possibly adjust the ends in any more they are bottomed out, unless I were to remove a jamb nut from one end to get that couple extra turns in.

Anyone have this issue? I checked the steering cable on the parts ski I took the UMI off of and it has threads visible for adjustment on both ends but my cable ends are bottomed out and still not adjusted correctly.

The plate that backs up the neck has a black plastic piece and an aluminum piece. They sammich an adjusting collar.

Wow, I didnt know that was adjustable. Feel a bit dumb now, Im done for the day messing with the ski but I will play with that tomorrow. Got the stem system installed and single gauge hood for today lol. Shes looking beautiful already.

12620903_1115491098475853_801968606_o.jpg

12630753_1115491105142519_2001039012_o.jpg

Found a couple pics Krispy posted in another thread I read on unequal turn radius 97 GSX:

216.jpg

217.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back