The truth about ses...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one spoke English? This is rare here as the most second language spoken here is English. Maybe you just got unlucky.

Benji

They did, but it wasnt very easy. Not that I expect everyone to speak english...it was just a bit tough to communicate thats all.

Also when he made several fake usernames on forums trying to give himself good reviews and got called out is another reason i steer clear

Many companies (and people) aren't social media experts. I agree it would be shady to do that, but it's a new world to a lot of people. They want a quick fix. If you aren't on Google (search) you don't exist to anyone my age or younger. If you don't have a good website, I don't trust your work.

The auto body shop for my Tesla (the only certified ship near me (2 hour drive) has the world's shittiest website... it really concerns me... but the work they do is good.. so I'm torn... it's interesting how much perception of a company their web presence is.

If my 951 in our GTX goes, I'm going to have to really think about replacing it. SES or with anyone. The ski is 15 years old next season! it's in amazing shape, but parts, time, oil, etc... maybe a 4 stroke is the way to go... then who will do my rebuilds and how much is that?! no more $800 blown engine repairs... more like $2-3k?

Many companies (and people) aren't social media experts. I agree it would be shady to do that, but it's a new world to a lot of people. They want a quick fix. If you aren't on Google (search) you don't exist to anyone my age or younger. If you don't have a good website, I don't trust your work.

The auto body shop for my Tesla (the only certified ship near me (2 hour drive) has the world's shittiest website... it really concerns me... but the work they do is good.. so I'm torn... it's interesting how much perception of a company their web presence is.

If my 951 in our GTX goes, I'm going to have to really think about replacing it. SES or with anyone. The ski is 15 years old next season! it's in amazing shape, but parts, time, oil, etc... maybe a 4 stroke is the way to go... then who will do my rebuilds and how much is that?! no more $800 blown engine repairs... more like $2-3k?

in my case a new 255 engine will run about $3500, its parked in the garage until after new years.

But 2K is possible depending on the damage (if the block survives its much cheaper)

For 3500 you could buy a mint 2 stroke.

which is where I am if our skis break... that's $8-10k I can't spend on a boat...

I'm rebuilding a 4 tec right now.
1500 for the machine and trailer.
Engine spun,,, well all rod and main bearings.
Its shot.

I bought another good block for 1200.
Rebuilt its head with new valve guides for close to 300 for all necessary parts
And 3 new piston's 400$
And then there's stretch bolts. HOLY crap. I hate stretch bolts! Nearly $20 each and I just happen to need 40 of em.

Yeah 4 tec's aren't "serviceable" like the two strokes.

I could spend a few thousand on fuel and oil and buy another two stroke engine for what it takes to fix or build a 4 tec.
Oh and then there's the oil pump's that get destroyed with each failure. There's another 1000.

But hey, have to do it at least once.

3500 for a 4 tec engine would be just a short block I'd think. Still need oil pump's, super charger, accessories etc.

Its 5600 cad here for a complete drop in block.

Last edited by a moderator:
...And then there's stretch bolts. HOLY crap. I hate stretch bolts! Nearly $20 each and I just happen to need 40 of em...

Why do you need 40 of them? 6 rocker shaft bolts, 8 head bolts, 6 con-rod bolts, and 6 flywheel bolts comes out to 26 bolts all together.

Chester

Needed 8 crank case bolts as well and thought a spare of each would be good just in case one or two didn't stretch properly. I thought the crank case bolts were stretch as well.
Total was 34 and 5 spares.

The crankcase bolts are not torque to yield bolts and don't stretch. Therefore, they do not need to be replaced. Only the bolts I listed are torque to yield bolts. You can re-use the crankcase bolts as many times as you like.

Chester

Any chance of getting bolts from ARP? I know the tty bolts cause head gasket failure on the power strokes so ARP head studs are the fix.

Sent my 787 in towards end of September, didn't see it till May, called every 2-4 weeks, I think Tom said it was all painted up, just waiting on this or that nearly every time I called.

Was quoted 30 day turn around...

Just now getting the chance to drop it in, hope it runs...

Wish I had seen this thread earlier... He has a motor out of my RXX....... sent it to him on 23 FEB 17 still has it.... talked to him a few times , same story ( finishing it up now, will get it shipped out this week... that was on the 6th of June......

sorry to here all the problems. I have sent 6 motors now to Tom and all as be done on time and with in 6 to 8 weeks. and all 6 are still good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back