The game has changed...meet the new spark!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
wow.. no waterproof storage, I would have at least liked to see a glove compartment :)
granted i'm used to it, I have about 1.5 g of storage on my ski so i'm used to squeezing stuff in, my dam flip flops take up half of my storage bin now :)

It does have a glove box right under the gauges, but I agree that it would have been nice to get that part water proof

And I was able to stuff a tshirt and hat into that area, but no room for anything else really.

With a supercharger on the 900 ace it could significantly lighten the other entry level skis like the gts130 and gti 130. The reduced weight combined with 110-120hp (conservative guess) would have those skis even or faster with current models.

I don't think the spark will have a huge impact on te used 4tec price, but I think the used spark market will.

I wonder how te uscg cert works with it being rated for two or three depending on an accessory.

I think its going to affect the price of the first generation of GTI 4tecs, why buy a used one for pretty much the price of a new one?
light machine that has gotta use less fuel. power to weight is key, a 900 ace with a turbo would pretty much take any 215 I would imagine.
but there are people that also want the bigger hulls too

unit is ordered as a 2 or 3 seater, cant convert a 2 to a 3 seater after, its just a piece they add to the hull after the hull is moulded,

Hey joez you said " no more carbon seal". So what type of seal does it use? Please don't tell me it's a bearing with a grease fitting!!!!

wow.. no waterproof storage, I would have at least liked to see a glove compartment :)
granted i'm used to it, I have about 1.5 g of storage on my ski so i'm used to squeezing stuff in, my dam flip flops take up half of my storage bin now :)

Yep... I didn't think it looked waterproof at all, and that's why I won't pay the $$$ for that option. But let's face it... this is the cheap ski, that is trying to return us back to "Water Go-Karts"... and not trying to compete with the MONSTER'S that the PWC market has evolved into .

My XP... with a fire extinguisher, and tools... the front bucket is really only good for a towel, and to stuff your shirt, and hat in.

BUT, on the other side... my Genesis has a glove box big enough for my keys, meds, and my VHF marine radio. Then, there is a 5 gallon storage under the rear seat. And a MONSTER 25 gallon box under the hood. I can put a cooler chest, a couple full sized fender/bumpers, a dry bag with a change of close, a couple 100' ropes... and still has room.

Anyway... If I can work out a deal... the Spark will be the replacement for the XP.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree, having some substantial area that is watertight is important to me..

But at 5 grand,,,, things are smaller and there is simply less room.

If you watch the accessory video you see they guy stuffing stuff into a compartment by your junk, perhaps that is the dry storage place for your cell phone. In reality, there has to be one some where, on the removable deck there is a port in the back on the right side that looks like a fuel cap, which I assume is for the fire extinguisher.

In reality, there has to be one some where, on the removable deck there is a port in the back on the right side that looks like a fuel cap, which I assume is for the fire extinguisher.

That port is access to the dipstick. Under the seat is the fuel cap, as well as fire extinguisher. More storage is behind the "knee pad" area

if thats the case that's good, we don't need much, but as long as there is something. i've always considered flip flops and two water bottles at a BARE minimum :) and a key glovebox in the junk would be fine. The knee area would make sense as well. i'll be curious.

The Spark is most definitely something worth talking about. I like the code name too, cafe

All I need storage for is a

3.png

I don't even care if it's warm. I'm already used to zero storage on the HX.

The "Build and price" thing doesn't work on seadoo's site... but you can put in the spark into the payment calculator... and the 3-up version's base is $6,299. That seems like a big jump for an add on plastic part, a slightly longer seat, and a "Program" change in the computer. (not even a physical change in the engine)

Hummmmmm..... I hope they get the rest of the prices up soon. I may just opt for the HO 2-up.

The ECU change for more power is weak IMO. It feels like a rip off just to make it an option.

I have a feeling by the time they are available, it will be cheaper to send it to say Riva and have them program a different version to 100-110.

Its tough to tell from all the pix if a charger is going to be even possible with how tight everything is already.

On the storage...yup I can see it was a balance to get to that 5g price, but they know everyone wants a secure truely waterproof spot for their cellphone and wallet. Hell even the handlebar pad.

The ECU change for more power is weak IMO. It feels like a rip off just to make it an option.

On the storage...yup I can see it was a balance to get to that 5g price, but they know everyone wants a secure truely waterproof spot for their cellphone and wallet. Hell even the handlebar pad.

I agree on both item I left within your quote.
A flash is a literally free item in regards to coming from the factory. It is like flipping a switch... The Spark should have come with the full potential and no extra cost and two keys to let the rider/owner chose to allow the ski to max out or be restricted. Much like the higher HP skis...

And some dry storage is crucial. For the money it way probably a challenge to get a larger dry item incorporated into the ski. But for me, being a veteran rider compared to a newbie, I'd be willing to pay a few more dollars for storage.

A flash is a literally free item in regards to coming from the factory. It is like flipping a switch... ......

I agree... but they didn't invent that. I know my $86,000 Hass VF-3 mill sitting behind me has $3k worth of "Turn on" options available. The parts to make the options work are in the machine, and it just takes a code to turn them on. Hass was smart enough, that the code is linked to the machine's S/N... so the code isn't generic.

I was telling Joez earlier... that the 60 hp option is silly. But, that's how seadoo will make their $$ on it. They can release it for $4999, but everyone will pay the extra $800 (or whatever it is) to get the more powerful version.

But even if people figure it out, and Riva will do the flash for half price.... to get the iBR... you have to get the 90 hp option.

I have not seen this video on here yet.

[video=youtube;s_JoRwJLbHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JoRwJLbHI&feature=endscreen[/video]

But even if people figure it out, and Riva will do the flash for half price.... to get the iBR... you have to get the 90 hp option.
How bout we all just pitch in 50-100 bucks so Tonka can buy the software to flash the ECM and we can just send all of our electronics to him like he does with our mpems lol

Back