thanks for all the help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmedt

well this weekend i fixed 3 of 4 problems on my new 2000 challenger; thanks to all the posters on this great forum for giving me the confidence to attempt the reparis myself and avoid the $90/hour labor of my mechanic:hurray:. I was able to fix a lose throttle cable. replace the water inlet hose on my port side engine that had a hole in it. and i found an answer about the water drain from the inside of the boat via the scupper valve. now all that is left is to look at a non-functioning tach on the port engine. i am not looking forward to taking apart the storge cover. anyone know if there is an easier way to access the tachs on a challenger so that i can swap them to see if the problem is the tach or wireing?

2000 Challenger?

You are asking about one of your tachs as if there are two. The 2000 Challenger has the Mercury M-2 engine in it. So, unless I'm missing something here, .........

Is it a 20 footer but not the year 2000?.....You don't really specify in your profile but that it's a 2000 Challenger.:confused:

You are asking about one of your tachs as if there are two. The 2000 Challenger has the Mercury M-2 engine in it. So, unless I'm missing something here, .........

Is it a 20 footer but not the year 2000?.....You don't really specify in your profile but that it's a 2000 Challenger.:confused:

sorry it is a 2000 model year 15ft challenger with the twin 717cc engines; the port tach is not working and it seems like a pain to undo the entire cover from the bottom and work up; does the silver top cover somehow some off or do you have to take the entire storage cover apart? also if i switch the wireing for the tachs and find that the wires are good and tach is bad are tachs from different years interchangable; i found one on ebay from a 97 GTX for like $30 so if it is just the tach hopefully it will be an easy fix. thanks for your help

well got up today and went out too look at the tach; once i unbolted the small access panel i realized that the port tach was just unpluged:hurray: plug it in; start it up; and poof working tach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back