The Elusive and dreaded seven beeps.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sandman251

1997 Seadoo Challenger 1800. Twin 787. This is the third spring this has occurred. On initial startup, two beeps and the starboard motor starts and runs immediately. Depressing the port motor start button results in 7 long beeps not chirps. Starboard motor shut off immediately and the port motor continued turning over for 3 seconds and then stopped. The starting sequence really didn't matter. Throttles closed, shifter in neutral brand new fully charged load tested battery. Beeper is functioning perfectly. Loud distinct sharp beeps. I found one post in the Forum from 13 years ago. Same year make and model boat. The resolution was he claimed he had a bad battery, which seems illogical.
A couple years ago I did find a posting somewhere, which I can't find now, on another 97 Challenger 1800 owner having the same problem. There was some mention of a corrupt serial number in the mpem. The PO of my boat claimed to have replaced his mpem recently with a NOS unit. I can't help but think this has something to do with it. It's maybe just a red herring.
The issue resolves for some reason after a couple of days and only reoccurs very intermittently. Maybe once or twice a season. Looking for some thoughtful advice, not someone to tell me I can't count, or there is no such thing as seven beeps. Of this I am aware. Nick are you there? Thanks.

Hey Sandman, I've had the exact same issue for the last few years on mine . I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything concrete on this issue. Brand new battery, replaced the post, multiple keys .

Have you come up with anything to resolve this ??

No I haven't. And no one seems to know anything about it. I have a question for you, though. Do you have the original mpem in your boat or has it been replaced?

Back