Summers Over - Now What

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabrToothSqrl

I've winterized my four skis...

put two on dollies, trailer in back yard, and put the batteries on a tender for the winter...

they have been cleaned up, just waiting a few weeks to let them air out before I cover them up.

so.......

now what do I do?!

What's the temp up there this time a year?
I should have a few more 80 degree weekends coming(I hope)

well..NOW, you can spend your entire winter finding me a standup that FLOATS and RUNS for like IDEALLY under $600, but I know I will most likely have to pay $800, as ive seen them in running condition between $650 and $1000 down here (some that aren't running are asking $900-$1000).

Each one I've found in my budget range either has no phone number, or it winds up having some MAJOR defect that the seller "forgets" to mention...like he has to run a CONSTANT BILGE bc theres TWO quarter-sized cracks in the hull!

So like I said, my needs are basic!
1. Floats and holds water
2. RUNS

I don't CARE what it looks like! (Theres even a guy who has one that is painted like a 1980's Jaws shark)

So, get to it SQUIRREL! pretend my standup is an acorn, and use your squirrely skills to find one!
lol

It ain't exactly summer here, but temps. in the upper 70's to lower 80' still a lot of good riding weather left. I expect to winterize my ski's toward the end of next month.

Lou

I'd like to have a standup to play on too please! :) Water here was 82F couple days ago this weekend's gonna be UPPER 70's they say.

Lost of boats/skis being winterized here right now.

Attachments

• Clean Ski.jpg
    Clean Ski.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
now i get all winter to clean the skis up and maintain them. hunting season will start soon and then snowmobile season will start. Gotta stay busy!!

Other life has got in the way the last month, so I have not been out. But we are going to be at 77 this weekend so we are going out! But we may only have a week or two left. I would go out but the family is not as tough and I don't want to ski alone. Then it is time to winterize, then strip out one of the GTX's for parts and restore the other new GTX. That should keep me busy for a good part of the winter.

Rode last weekend and hope to get out this weekend as well...Sunday sunny & 81. Sorry to hear Sabr. I left PA many years ago to escape the winters :)

I was going to make s Florida comment as well, but thought better of it. Recently moving from up north,,, I still have empathy,, LOL

Summers over for me, but I get to look forward to working on my new non running speedster I just picked up!

My Wife wants to buy wet suits so we can go another month. Ohio has winter fast coming this way!
I get old, I am moving south! This 3 months of Ski use, SUCKS!

My ski in in pieces, so winterizing wont be necessary:).
Lots of fun and money spent this winter.:facepalm:

Yea, Winterizing for me is putting on my "schlong-sleeve".... I WILL be putting the ski in the water THIS weekend. just need to bolt the carbs on and pump the Zerk fitting with a little grease..
I PRAY that this goes off without a hitch! Its been TWO LONG YEARS

Supposed to be 84 and partly cloudy saturday and 88 and clear on sunday. as long as the sun's out, i'll try to get on the water.

Mine have been put away for about three weeks now. It was dropping down to -5c earlier this month. And the water levels get very low here in September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back