Substitute for "Right Stuff" Sealant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tawood

Hi all,
I am reassembling my jet pump and the shop manual is requiring "Right Stuff" sealant....what is this?
I checked with SeaDoo and they want $$$$ for the stuff! Is it spray gasket (that's what the old material looks like)? Is there a good replacement instead of the expensive Seadoo stuff?
Tim

Sealant....

Of course, it's expensive. It's Seadoo brand name stuff.......
If your talking about where your pump seals at the hull, I have been using regular RTV 100% silicone sealant. Just a small bead in the same place you saw the other stuff.

If your talking about the two pieces that come together at the nozzle, once again, silicone.

The important thing is to let it dry 24 hours before putting it in the water.

I bought the right stuff at advanced discount auto parts it comes in a can that looks like a cheeze wiz can. It cost about $ 13.00 per can. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

I'm talking about between the two pieces at the nozzle. I'm gonna try Advanced Discount Auto to find the recommended stuff, but if I can't find it, I'll use silicone, since that usually seals quite well as long as it's not too hot (which it won't be).
BTW, Seadoo wants almost $50 for the stuff!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back