Crankcase sealant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinwallace

Hi everyone I’m a newbie to the forum but looking for some help with crankcase sealant for a 1997 Seadoo 787 gtx. I know a lot have said use three bond or Yama bond. I’ve looked in the workshop manual and it states to use loctite 518. Just wondering if you guys out there have any thoughts on what is the best to use as don’t want to open it up again if I can help it.
Cheers

This gets debated but I can tell you even seadoo stopped using the 518. If you look it isn't gasoline resistant which is inside a 2-stroke crankcase. Every other manufacturer, engine builder and even seadoo uses the same product under different names, MotoSeal, HondaBond, YamaBond, KawChem and ThreeBond 1184.

Ben using it for over 30 years, pressure test all my engines and not a single air leak.

This gets debated but I can tell you even seadoo stopped using the 518. If you look it isn't gasoline resistant which is inside a 2-stroke crankcase. Every other manufacturer, engine builder and even seadoo uses the same product under different names, MotoSeal, HondaBond, YamaBond, KawChem and ThreeBond 1184.

Ben using it for over 30 years, pressure test all my engines and not a single air leak.
Thanks mate for the advice could job I didn’t purchase it now. Going to go for threebond 1184 as a lot of people swear by it.

Thanks mate for the advice could job I didn’t purchase it now. Going to go for threebond 1184 as a lot of people swear by it.

Would this be good to use mate? As just looked at 1184 and as I live in uk the postage is £30 on top of price of sealant.

Attachments

• 59C6C614-C656-4D24-BBDC-E566B560B3BF.png
    59C6C614-C656-4D24-BBDC-E566B560B3BF.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 14
Would this be good to use mate? As just looked at 1184 and as I live in uk the postage is £30 on top of price of sealant.
Yes, MotoSeal is the same stuff just a different brand. You can also use YamaBond or HondaBond from Yamaha and Honda as I am sure they have those at motorcycle shops in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back