Stereo Installation has Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no gas gauge would suck. At least with these boats it is easy to flip open the compartment and take a look. I finally got mine out of the garage and all cleaned up and ready for the water next week.

Hey Guys, gonna jump in here and ask a questiona bout fuel gauge. I have a 1996 challenger and the fuel gauge works but its not accurate. How do I fix that?

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

I am pretty sure he went the same one me and several others have. It is the PDX5M. It is 5 channels. But it is 2 ohm stable on all channels. So you can wire a pair of subs in parallel and it will handle it no problem.

I am pretty sure he went the same one me and several others have. It is the PDX5M. It is 5 channels. But it is 2 ohm stable on all channels. So you can wire a pair of subs in parallel and it will handle it no problem.

Was thinking of skipping subs on this boat to keep weight down and go with 3 sets of 7" Alpines. I picked up the 4x100 Alpine amp, but then I saw a mod where someone mounted a sub in one of the storage pods in engine compartment and has me rethinking.

Ya sorry I went the PDX5M. I have been a little busy and just getting caught up on emails. A new baby on the way so major reno mode to get a room ready for my 5 and 3 year old to share and then get the other room ready for the nursery.

System is working great. Sounds amazing on the water. Subs are very nice.

The weight of the 10" subs are nothing really. They sound awesome. I highly encourage anyone who is upgrading their aduio system to add them.

Subs are great! I just added some reinforcement fiberglass strips and resin around the backside of the sub mount holes for added piece of mind.. That was a real pain because of the factory styrofoam flotation placement...

**canadianwhiskey ** sorry I just saw your email from 2 months back, and responded..apologize, but just now realized you had sent an unanswered email....You have a beautiful boat!! I wish i could get my gel coat as shiny as you have yours, but the previous owner left out in direct sun for too long for any hope for that now....

Just curious why some of you guys are mounting subs up high? It's been my experience you want them low.

*Tres* have you tried wetsanding your gel with 800-1000 grit and then wheeling it out with Leverage Oxidation remover? I used this process on my boat and it produced excellent results. I only had to do it the one time and now use Leverage Polish on it to preserve the shine. Looks like a new boat. Keep in mind it sits inside unless it's on the water. Doesn't hurt to try.

on the 16 ft. speedster, there is not enough room to mount the subs down low. I mounted them about the only place they would fit and still benefit all seating positions. They sound awesome. i cant tell people enough how well the hull makes a good enclosure for the kicker marine subs. They are rated as free air so the hull acts as then enclosure.

Not much room anywhere else man. Still sounds great. I didn't go 10" but the 8"s that I installed a perfect. No worries tresvatos1. Thanks for the compliments on the boat. I was pretty lucky with the previous owner where he did a little work every year on it so it wasn't too bad when I got it.

Is it just my system or what coz I cant see any pics of this boat?? Read through twice looking to. Oh well.

I just got the Kenwood KCA-RC107MR to mount on the driver side somewhere. I found it was a pain last year to change tunes while tearing up the lake. Another thing, I am getting the Wear Ring, Impeller and Stator all redone by Impros. As you can see, they were in pretty bad shape. Looking forward to the performance gains on the water this season. Any ideas on where to mount that Remote? Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 39
I put a remote on the swim platform and use it all the time. You should see some improvement on take offs a lot after your refurb, that impeller is rough.

93.jpg

Thanks for your input and ya that wear ring and impeller are rough. I am excited to see the performance gains after I get them refurbished.

The Ring, Pump and Impeller were shipped from Impros last night and they should arrive Mon or Tues next week. Looking forward to getting everything installed and cleaned up. Then get back on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back